My school experience!

School experience 



I started school in 2003 and left in 2015.

My experience at school was pretty good.

I made many friends and we’re still seeing each other today.

Throughout my school day I had a learning support assistant ( LSA ) 24/7, as I had significant support  needs.

I’ve never been able to write or draw.

I had mild learning difficulties.

I required help with pretty much anything that meant using my hands.

I also required help with anything in terms of my self care, which they were more than happy to assist me with.

I would need someone to walk with me around school, in case I became unstable or got knocked over.

During my time at school I had very good mobility, so I wasn’t in a wheelchair unless I was recovering from an operation.

I was able to participate in P.E most of the time and if something was too difficult, my teachers would adapt the sport to my ability.

Both my primary and secondary school were very inclusive.

They always had many adaptations and if me or another pupil needed any further adaptions, they would always make them as soon as possible.

They made students very aware of people with additional needs and taught them about inclusion (something that every school should be doing).

Because of this, I never experienced any form of bullying.

I couldn’t of asked for better schools.

Thanks for reading 

Chloe x











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I can no longer walk unaided! 😢

My future, is this common?

It felt amazing!