Trying out my K - Walker!

I got my new K - Walker 

On Tuesday morning, I realised that I could no longer walk independently.
My physio brought me a pair of crutches that day , but due to having limited grip in my hands, I was unable to hold them.

So today she brought me a K - Walker with special grips on and she said it should also be easier on my arms than crutches, as my arms are also affected by my CP.
This was a great success, I am able to hold onto my new walker safely and easily. It took a bit of getting used to, but I’m safe enough using it now.

Walking is still very difficult and painful.  But I am pleased I can now move around downstairs by myself because for the past two days, I have been relying on my family to help me.

Because I can’t get my walker upstairs, I am having to crawl. This is so frustrating because I feel like a baby. I would buy sticks or something to keep upstairs, but they are too challenging to hold. For the past few days, my house has started to look very disabled friendly, which I really hate because I don’t want to feel disabled. But this is only going to get worse for me.

Something that really bothers me at the moment is that I can no longer carry things round the house, as I have no spare hands. I feel quite lazy and guilty by  asking my family to bring things to me all the time, although I know they don’t mind. 

I’ll be back soon
Chloe x






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I can no longer walk unaided! 😢

My future, is this common?

I did something new!