Never ending therapy and hospital visits!

It gets annoying!



Ever since I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, at 11 months old, I’ve had constant therapy and hospital appointments.

I’ve had Botox, serial casting, surgeries, splints, Physio, Occupational therapy and consultations, pretty regularly.

I’ve never really had a break from it.

I receive occupational therapy, three times a week and I’m currently having an 8 week block of hydrotherapy, every Tuesday.

I was also having physiotherapy, but as it’s now impossible, I’m having hydro instead.

I also see a consultant every 3 months, but at the moment he wants to see me at least once a month, due to the rate that I have been deteriorating.

This week alone, I had Botox injections on Monday, I have my three OT sessions and I’m getting casted for splints on Thursday.

As much as all these treatments help me, it does get frustrating and time consuming.

This is one of the reasons why I hate being disabled.

I really hope in a few years the need for regular therapy and hospital appointments will go away.

I hope my hand function will have improved enough, to where I can be relatively independent.

I didn’t expect to still need all these treatments, at 20 years old, but I try my best to get through it.

Being disabled, can be rough, but it’s part of my life and I can’t change that.

Thanks for reading.

Chloe x





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I can no longer walk unaided! 😢

My future, is this common?

I did something new!