I’ve had Botox injections!

Today I had some Botox!



A few weeks ago, I had an appointment with my amazing consultant.
He recommended me having some Botox injections, to try to treat the spasticity ( stiffness) in my legs and ankles.  He is hoping it will help my heels, come in contact with the ground and ease my pain.

Botox hasn’t been very successful for me, for quite a few years now, but he wanted to give it another shot, due to how much I have deteriorated. He also hopes, it will help me gain back, some range of motion.  I would be happy, even if it just eases my crippling pain. 

I had the injections into my calf muscles, ankles and hamstrings.
I was awake during this treatment, but I didn’t feel the injections going in, as I had some numbing gel applied. The procedure took about 45 minutes, once they had applied the gel and set up and everything.
It was nowhere near as traumatic, as it was as a child.

It will take around 2 weeks, to show any effect. I hope it helps me, at least a little bit because I really want my life to get easier. The pain at the moment is just horrendous and it’s been getting harder to walk, this past week.



Thank you for reading.

Chloe x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I can no longer walk unaided! 😢

My future, is this common?

I did something new!