I was disgraced!

This disgusted me!

So this afternoon me and my Mum had a walk to town. We passed by the local park and saw a beautiful little boy, who appeared to have Down Syndrome. He looked about 7 years old.
He went to go down the slide and these  two boys, who looked about 10 said to him “ Retards aren’t aloud to come up here.” The little boy went crying to his parents and didn’t want to play there anymore. I felt so sorry for this young boy, he was so upset. 

Me and my Mum looked at each other in so much shock. My Mum just couldn’t leave without saying something, so she ran over to tell them how furious she was and how they wouldn’t say that if they had a family member with a disability.

I find this so disgraceful and upsetting. 
Kids with disabilities just want to be kids and be included. They already feel so isolated and different, so being excluded makes them feel even more different. Having someone call you such a horrible name makes kids scared to go out and do things.

 Witnessing  this today has really affected me. I know that this is a rare thing, but is does happen. 

Disability awareness  needs to be taught in schools. Children need to understand just how tough having special needs can be and that they are just children, who want to be happy and be accepted for who they are. 

Bye for now
Chloe x






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I can no longer walk unaided! 😢

My future, is this common?

I did something new!