A trip to Orthotics!

Today, I got casted for splints


A few weeks ago, it was recommended that I wear splints again.

My leg muscles are getting stiffer, by the week and I’m increasingly coming further up  on my tiptoes, making it harder to walk.

The purpose of having splints, is to give my calf’s a stretch and bring my heels, closer to the ground.

I have mixed feelings about using splints again.

This is because there is no hiding them, under leggings and skinny jeans.

But I would like to see if they will benefit me, in some way.

I went for black because I thought they wouldn’t show, quite so much over black leggings.

I’m getting fitted for them, in two weeks time and I’m dreading it.

It’s really tough, having to revisit all these treatments, that I’d previously been discharged from.

I just can’t seem to accept, the fact that my mobility is rapidly deteriorating and I’m struggling to enjoy my life.



Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chloe x





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I can no longer walk unaided! 😢

My future, is this common?

I did something new!