A few answers!



Today I had an appointment with my amazing consultant, I’ve known him for 11 years.
I was so pleased about this appointment, as this past week hasn’t been very pleasant, 
It’s been a whole week now, since I lost my ability to walk unaided.

My consultant appeared very shocked to discover how much I had deteriorated, since I last saw him, around 6 weeks ago. I told him about my increase in leg pain and how physio is now impossible.

He wanted to see me walk, holding on to his hands and then without anything, which was completely impossible. He said that I’m much higher up on my toes than last time, which he feels has affected my balance. 

He examined me and said, my legs and ankles are a lot tighter and my range of movement, has completely gone.

I then went off to get a few x - rays, of my hips and legs.
He noticed that my hips were slightly dislocated, but not to a great extent.
He doesn’t feel like I need an operation yet, as my hips are not causing me pain, but if it get worse, he would need to operate.

He has recommended Botox, to help relax the muscles in my ankles, hamstrings and calf muscles.
Botox hasn’t been very successful for me in recent years, but he wants to try it again and hopefully help my heels get closer to the ground. 

He also wants me to give splints another go, the only thing I hate about wearing splints is that I can’t find any trousers, which I like and will also hide them. But, I’m willing to try anything because I would like to get my mobility back.

He agrees with my physio, that I’m probably not going to be able to walk at all, within around 6 months. So he wants to get my Botox done, within the next few weeks and see it it has any affect.

My Dad mentioned to him about the SDR operation, but he said, Im too old for it in the UK and I won’t be able to fundraise for it, by the time I can’t walk at all.
I really wish I knew about SDR when I was younger, as I probably wouldn’t be in this position.


I’m looking for a comfortable, attractive wheelchair, that can be operated easily because I have very poor hand function.
Please comment any suggestions 

Chloe x





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I can no longer walk unaided! 😢

My future, is this common?

I did something new!